Ricardo's occupies the former Southern Railroad station. From what we know, when the station was active it was located on the other side of the tracks, parallel to them, and a little further down the property towards the old switch house. Once the railroad ceased passenger operations the building sat unused for a period, and was then picked up and moved to it's current location. The floors in the bar area and the foyer are original flooring, however the upper dining area was added on at some point, and nothing from that area is original. We know that the building was originally constructed in 1855, and was one of two railroad depots in service in Versailles during the heyday of rail travel. The other station served the L&N Railroad, and is located only a couple of blocks from our location.